The MechFiber380+ is designed for the farm that wants to feed large numbers of animals in a short period of time. With a payload of 9,000kgs, the machine is capable of feeding up to 170 dairy cows or 320 fattening cattle for 24 hours with a single load. The machine manoeuvres like the smaller MechFiber365+ with some unique stand-alone product features.
As with all KEENAN diet feeders, the MechFiber380+ retains the paddle mixing system ensuring a consistent ration is produced each and every time.
Other key benefits include:
- Fresh new look with specially moulded black pin seal matt finish front covers.
- Rear ladder made of sleek tubular steel – user-friendly, collapsible and less prone to damage.
- Mixing chamber containing 6-paddle reel with new style paddle castellations – improved mix quality, less horsepower required, less machine wear.
- The paddles gently lift & tumble the added materials across the blades ensuring feedstuff is cut to an optimal length without destroying the quality of the fibre. This is to create a mix with the correct chop length & structure for optimum rumen health – improved herd health and productivity.
- Option to add lights over feed-out door and increase the length of the feed-out door – easy to see when ambient lighting is low and quicker feed-out.
- 4th Generation KEENAN Controller, feed management App and InTouch platform for full oversight of the mixing process and all farm data – see ingredient list and order, monitor costs, refusals etc.
- Option of key telematics on Controller – oil sensors, chain tension sensor etc. – helps to maintain machine in good working order
The body design has been optimised to carry the curve of the body around closer to the top of the knife, to reduce, or remove the effect of a pinch point created after the top knife. This has been designed to reduce the peak power requirement and reduce the stress on the machine in operation.
The principle of the complete oil bath for the chain drive has been retained from the MechFiber400+, but simplified from both a build and maintenance point of view.
The number of body blades, set up and location has been reviewed and optimised. All blade are located within the main body of the machine nominally between the 5 and 7 o’clock positions. This ensures that material is chopped efficiently without increasing power requirement.
We can customise our machines to your needs:
- Height and width
- Heavy duty knives
- Rear feed out
- Elevator tray