Optigen® is Alltech's non-protein nitrogen (NPN) source for ruminants. It concentrates the nitrogen fraction of the diet, creating dry matter space for more fiber and energy. After being launched only a few years ago, Optigen has become a solution to feed and environmental problems.
• Reformulations with Optigen can be used to provide:
- Available nitrogen for fiber-digesting bacteria over time
- Fermentable carbohydrate for sustaining higher milk yields
- Microbial protein synthesis as a result of more efficient ruminal function
- Effective fiber for sustaining a healthy rumen
- Control over dietary heat increment in the summer
• Is a technology that enables you to reformulate more rumen-friendly diets, which result in:
- Microbial proteins
- Fiber digestion
- Efficiency of rumen nitrogen capture
• This technology helps to provide sustained availability of ammonia in the rumen environment ensuring that the rumen bacteria have continued access to this essential food source.
- Works to create an environment for:
- Optimizing ruminal nitrogen metabolism
- Nutrient synchronization
- Microbial efficiency
- Is a superior non-protein nitrogen source for ruminant nutrition.
- Is a source of non-protein nitrogen.
- Is a novel ingredient that can help nutritionists make improvements in ruminant diets.
- The quality control system behind Optigen provides a consistent product from batch to batch and traceability from start to finish.
- Supports microbial synthesis resulting in the support of rumen health and fermentation.
- Allows the opportunity to formulate cheaper feed ingredients and lower the cost of rations.
- Sustained release of non-protein nitrogen
- Similar nitrogen release rate to that of soybean meal
- Unique ingredient for ruminants
- Works to create an environment for optimizing ruminal nitrogen metabolism, nutrient synchronization and microbial efficiency.
- Is designed to provide a safe, concentrated source of ruminally degradable protein activity of ruminal bacteria populations.