Uniting the agri-food community to create a world of abundance
Alltech is inspired by the immense challenge the world has presented us: to produce enough nutritious food for all people while also caring for our animals and sustaining our land, air and water for future generations.
The agri-food community is uniquely prepared to shoulder this responsibility. Amid the challenges of today’s world, agriculture has the greatest potential to positively shape the future of our planet.
With the advent of new agricultural technologies, the adoption of improved sustainable farming practices and, above all, the ingenuity inherent in the human spirit, a world of abundance can be ours. But it cannot be achieved alone.
That’s why Alltech is uniting the agri-food community in Working Together for a Planet of Plenty™. A planet where science-based solutions help ensure sustainable food production for the global population. A planet where agriculture’s story is central to the development of thriving communities and ecosystems. A planet where, through collaboration and innovation, we can create a world of abundance for future generations.
Together, we can provide nutrition for all, revitalize local economies and replenish the planet’s natural resources.
Creating a future of sustainable nutrition and farming will require us to maintain a sharp focus on the three pillars of sustainability: economic, environmental and social. As ambassadors of our Planet of Plenty™ message, we want to be transparent about our sustainability goals and the progress we are making on our journey. By striving to improve the health of animals, plants and soil, maximize the value of feedstuffs, increase the efficiency of the farm and reinvest in innovation, we are sharing our purpose and highlighting the sustainable power of science in agri-food.
A Planet of Plenty™ transcends environmental sustainability. It is a vision of a more positive future, full of promise and possibility. We must take actions that help sustain agriculture, revitalize rural communities and enable family businesses to thrive. We want to replenish the planet’s natural resources so farmers can continue to nourish the growing population.
Guided by this purpose, Alltech is:
- Developing nutritional and digital technologies, improved farm management practices, and innovations in animal well-being and human health
- Partnering with like-minded companies and individuals to solve high-impact issues
- Investing in education and talent development for the next generation of agri-food leadership
- Sharing the sustainable power of science in agri-food through stories and videos on our Planet of Plenty™ website and through our social media channels
Our Planet of Plenty™ purpose addresses humanity’s most basic requirements, as well as our aspirations for a better future.
We want to:
- Support agriculture to nourish a growing population
- Improve safety and quality within the food chain
- Add value and nutrition to fruits and vegetables, meat, milk, seafood and eggs
- Meet the demands of consumers to produce their food and beverages in a way that ensures the welfare of the animal and the environment
A commitment to the planet is in our DNA
Creating a Planet of Plenty™ is at the heart of who we’ve always been. Alltech founder Dr. Pearse Lyons wanted to ensure that the company would have an impact on our industry and our planet far into the future. In 1989, he committed Alltech to our guiding ACE principle, which required all our endeavors to seek the safety and well-being of animals, consumers and the environment. He fervently believed that the well-being of each element of the ACE principle depended on maintaining harmony between all three.
Thirty years later, against a backdrop of diminishing natural resources, a changing climate and a growing population, Alltech President and CEO Dr. Mark Lyons propelled the ACE principle into the future — and into a new world of possibility — with our newly defined purpose of Working Together for a Planet of Plenty™.
Demonstrating our sustainability commitments
The 2022 Alltech Sustainability Report shares our sustainability journey through the lens of the three main objectives of Working Together for a Planet of Plenty™:
- Replenishing the planet’s natural resources
- Providing nutrition for all
- Revitalizing local economies
Download and read the report at alltech.com/sustainability.