Alltech Wisconsin Continuing Education Scholarship
Learning is a lifelong journey. At Alltech, it is our aim to cultivate curiosity and inspire innovation. Therefore, Alltech Wisconsin is pleased to offer one $1,000 scholarship to a student enrolled in a 4-year agricultural or life sciences (i.e. biology, genetics, bio-chemistry) degree program and two $500 scholarships to two students enrolled in vocational agriculture or technical programs.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIPS, STUDENTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Graduating high school seniors and college freshman, sophomores and juniors are eligible for these scholarships. No graduate students are eligible; however, graduate students are encouraged to apply for the Alltech Young Scientist program.
• The student must be attending, or planning to attend, a 4-year program or a technical program at an accredited college, university or technical school.
• The student must be in an agricultural- or life sciences-related field.
• The student must be in good academic standing (at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent).
• The student must be from the Alltech WI region, which includes which includes Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois (north of highway 70), but can attend any school in the United States.
• Past scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Complete the Alltech Wisconsin Continuing Education Scholarship Application.
• Write a 500-word essay explaining your current field of study, your future goals and how your education will benefit the agricultural or life sciences fields.
• Submit two letters of recommendation from reliable, unrelated (to student) sources.
• Submit high school transcript or college transcript (can be unofficial).
• Send the completed application and supporting materials by January 15 to
- Alltech Wisconsin , ATTN: Scholarship, 331 W Kindt St, Juneau, WI 53039
- Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Scholarship in the subject line
A judging panel will review all applications. Scholarship winners will be notified by March 1. Award will be issued upon receipt of proof of completion of one semester or term in the 2019-20 academic year. The award can be used for any college educational expenses, including tuition, books, room and board, etc. This is not a renewing scholarship: it is a one-time award.