Alltech Connect Competition
The Alltech Ideas Conference, one of the largest agriculture conferences in the world.
'ONE is where everyday heroes from various industries across the globe dare to dream bigger and explore solutions to improve their businesses and the world around them...'
In a sector facing increasing scrutiny from the press and media, we want to Connect, Elevate and Inspire our industry, helping to better educate consumers and the general public about UK agriculture.
We believe that only by working together will we be able to unite and showcase the great story of British agriculture. By addressing issues of the environment, welfare, sustainability and quality, your entry could be what brings us together to drive change.
The number of people that have chosen a vegan diet in the UK quadrupled between 2014 and 2019, from 276,000 to 600,000 people. These were predominantly millennials. In the UK, 10% of children aged 8–13 are vegan or vegetarian, and in the US, one quarter of 25- to 34-year-olds are vegetarian or vegan, and the trend is not slowing.
The biggest drivers for the switch are environmental, animal welfare and health concerns. But are their choices based on factually accurate information? Recent research and activity show that the agri-food industry as a collective is ineffectively promoting the benefits of our industry to the end consumer. This is not only a threat to the industry but also a huge emotional drain on what is already a highly pressured profession. The challenge of misinformed customers is only heightened by the current media direction. In order to promote ourselves, we, as a collective, must unite to tackle this.
Open to anyone working in the agriculture sector, between 18–35.
The big question:
"How are you helping to promote the benefits of UK agriculture to the consumer?"
The prize is an all-expenses-paid trip to ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference, taking place in Lexington, Kentucky, 17–19 May 2020, including full delegate tickets, flights and accommodation.
The closing date for competition entries is 5 April 2020, with winners announced and contacted by mid-April. The ONE conference takes place 17–19 May 2020.
The competition is available to applicants throughout the whole of the UK.
Alltech “Influential Young Farmers” Terms and Conditions
(the “Terms and Conditions”)
- Alltech (U.K.) Limited is a company registered in England with company number 01634012 and whose registered office is at Alltech House, Ryhall Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 1TZ, United Kingdom.
- The Competition is open to anyone aged 18 to 35 who is a resident of the United Kingdom, except employees of the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s group companies (“Employees”), the immediate families of all Employees, the Sponsor’s agents, or anyone who is otherwise directly connected with the organisation or judging of the Competition.
- Each entrant agrees that he or she is eligible to submit details of the Initiative hereunder.
- Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. An entrant who does not give correct details or who makes an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk or multiple entries will be accepted. Only one entry will be accepted per entrant, and any entrant who submits multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Internet access is required to participate in the Competition. The submission form for the Competition is set out at https://www.alltech.com/uk/alltech-connect-competition (the “Submission Form”) and can only be submitted online at https://www.alltech.com/uk/alltech-connect-competition – applications submitted by email, post or telephone will not be accepted.
- Submission of the Submission Form is deemed to constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To take part in the Competition and to be eligible to win the Prize (as set out within paragraph 19 below), entrants must complete the Submission Form, and submit this to the Sponsor whilst complying with the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, including in particular the time limits set out within paragraph 13 below.
- Definitions. Within this clause, the following definitions apply: -
- Initiative: the initiative which you submit within the Submission Form at https://www.alltech.com/uk/alltech-connect-competition. For the avoidance of doubt, ‘Initiatives’ can include, for example, social media initiatives, or business policies.
- Intellectual Property: patents, utility models, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, moral rights, trade marks and service marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), semiconductor topography rights, image rights, rights in personality and similar rights, and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
- Foreground Intellectual Property: any Intellectual Property that arises or which is obtained or developed by you, or by a contractor on your behalf, in respect of the Initiative.
- Background Intellectual Property: any Intellectual Property, other than Foreground Intellectual Property, that is used in connection with the Initiative.
- Subject to paragraph 12 below, to the extent that you own any Background Intellectual Property in the Initiative that you have submitted within the Competition, that Background Intellectual Property shall remain your exclusive property. If any Background Intellectual Property in the Initiative has been licensed to you, that Background Intellectual Property will remain the property of the third party/parties from whom you have obtained the right to use it.
- Subject to paragraph 12 below, any Foreground Intellectual Property in the Initiative that you have submitted within the Competition shall be your exclusive property.
- The ownership provisions set out within paragraphs 10 and 11 above shall not apply to any Intellectual Property in the Initiative which: -
- a. was published or generally available to the public prior to its receipt by the Sponsor, or which becomes published or generally available to the public through no fault of the Sponsor; or
- b. is, or has been, independently discovered or developed by the Sponsor.
- Offer period: The Competition begins Friday 14th February 2020, at 8:00 a.m. (GMT) and closes at 11:59 p.m. (GMT) on Sunday 5th April 2020. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- One (1) winner will be selected from all qualifying submissions (“Winner”). The qualifying submissions to the Competition will be assessed by the Sponsor, leaving a short-list of between 15-20 submissions (the “Shortlist”). The Winner will be selected from the Shortlist by a panel of internal and external experts appointed by the Sponsor (the “Panel”), and will be verified by the Sponsor.
- The Winner will be selected on the basis of the: (i) novelty; (ii) potential for expansion; and, (iii) alignment to the Sponsor’s ‘Planet of Plenty’ vision, respectively, of the Initiative which is submitted via the Submission Form. The selection of the Winner will be at the absolute discretion of the Panel, whose decision shall be final and binding.
- The Winner will be notified via email by 11.59pm (GMT) on Sunday 12th April 2020. To accept the Prize (as defined within clause 19 below), the Winner must confirm their acceptance by email to the Sponsor, and confirm details of the intended email delivery address to which the Sponsor will send the relevant elements of the Prize. Please note that the Winner may be required to undertake phone calls with the Sponsor in order to finalise arrangements for the Trip (as defined within clause 19 below).
- The Sponsor will take reasonable steps to contact the Winner, but in the event that the claim for the Prize is not received by the Sponsor within 7 (seven) days of notification to the initially designated Winner, the Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Prize entitlement to the Winner.
- If the Winner is unable to redeem the Prize, including in the circumstances set out in paragraph 17 above, the Winner will forfeit their right to the Prize, and the Sponsor will, at its discretion, arrange for a replacement Winner to be selected at the Sponsor’s discretion from the remaining eligible entries within the Shortlist.
- The Winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”): an expenses paid trip to Alltech’s ONE Conference 2020 in Kentucky, USA (the “Conference”) being held on Sunday 17th May 2020 to Tuesday 19th May 2020 (inclusive) (the “Trip”). For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize consists of: a full delegate ticket to the Conference, flights, accommodation; and, meals (as provided in conjunction with the Conference. all of which shall be chosen and arranged by the Sponsor
- Please note that, in relation to the Winner’s attendance at the Conference, the Prize does not include travel insurance, food and drink (other than as set out within clause 19 above), spending money, tax or personal expenses, or (if applicable) the cost of transfers to and from stations or airports. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner. The Winner will be responsible for ensuring that he or she is available to travel and (as necessary) holds a valid passport, any necessary visas, and travel documents, to utilise any tickets provided by the Sponsor to the Winner as part of the Prize, and attend the Conference on the relevant dates.
- The Prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternative can be obtained by the Winner unless agreed to in writing by the Sponsor. The Sponsor additionally reserves the right to replace the Prize (in whole or in part) with a prize of equivalent value without notice. In the event that the Prize cannot be provided in full or in part due to a circumstance or circumstances outside the Sponsor's reasonable control (including the cancellation or postponement of the Conference), the Sponsor shall not be in breach of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise liable for any such failure or delay in the performance of its obligations, and, in these circumstances, the Sponsor shall offer to the affected Winner an alternative cash prize of equivalent value to the Prize.
- There is no entry fee, and no purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The Prize is non-transferable, unless otherwise agreed to in writing with the Sponsor. Subject to clause 21 above, no part or parts of the Prize (or any replacement prize) may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The Prize must not be sold or transferred to another party, unless otherwise agreed to in writing with the Sponsor.
- As a condition to entering this competition the Winner will be required to participate in publicity, including photography and online postings. No extra compensation, over and beyond the Prize, will be available to the Winner for any such publicity.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the Competition without prior notice, provided that the closing date will only be changed where circumstances outside of the Sponsor’s control make such changes unavoidable.
- The Sponsor’s decision in relation to all matters regarding the Program, the Competition, and the Prize is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding any such decision.
- The Sponsor accepts no liability for lost entries/Submission Forms. The Sponsor and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Competition, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the Competition.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any entries at its complete discretion, including any entries the Sponsor believes to be fraudulent, based on misconduct or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Sponsor and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss, expense or damage that is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or in accepting or using a Prize (or replacement prize), except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, in which case, that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- It is the responsibility of the Winner to supply the correct personal information. The Sponsor will not be liable for the non-delivery of any element(s) of the Prize (or replacement prize) caused by the Winner providing wrong information or any other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control.
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree that the personal data they supply can be used by the Sponsor to administer the Competition and to award and deal with the Prize. Additionally, to be contacted by the Sponsor with future marketing and technical information, please complete the Consent Form below.
- This Competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.