Business leaders will explore barrier-breaking disruption at ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference
[LEXINGTON, Ky.] — ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference (ONE17) is gathering top business leaders for an inside look at how to create, and maintain, a successful company. ONE17, held May 21–24 in Lexington, Kentucky, will host dedicated sessions on three of the most critical elements of any business:
“Businesses have the unique challenge of not only staying aware of market trends, but also staying ahead of them,” said Dr. Pearse Lyons, founder and president of Alltech. “ONE17 aims to give businesses the inspiration and tools to not only weather disruption, but to actively create disruption and emerge with an unparalleled competitive edge.”
Business discussion topics at ONE17 will include:
- Understanding the Indian Nod and Touch for Success: A land of 1.2 billion people is open for business. How do we break through the barriers to challenge the status quo?
- Vietnam: The animal feed market in Vietnam is expected to see a $10.55 billion explosion by 2020. Learn what opportunities are being created for emerging technologies and innovative practices in this disruptive industry.
- Russian Disruption: Import and export bans on Russia are having a significant impact on the global market. How do we keep the volatility from impacting profitability?
- Three Emerging Markets of East Asia: Between Cambodia’s economic potential, Mongolia’s steppes and pastures landscape, and Myanmar’s increasing openness to international trade, what opportunities will arise?
- Acquisition Lessons: Tap into new sources of finances and bonds, and learn how to cultivate better relationships with banks.
- Walmart: After disrupting the industry with an employee pay raise following five straight quarters of low sales, Walmart has caught the attention of corporate executives, business leaders and, most importantly, customers. How do you know when it is time to make a change?
- Little Box Stores with Big Ideas: Discover how one of Alltech’s recent acquisitions, Cowtown, has maintained constant growth over five years and has created a $20 million business. Learn how this small company disrupted the status quo by competing in a big-league industry.
- Great Britain: Life After Brexit: Now that Great Britain has disrupted the European Union, sending ripples throughout the world, what does Brexit mean for the future of science and business?
- Global Business Opportunities and Feeding 9 Billion People: How are food businesses preparing for and profiting from population growth? Who ultimately pays for this?
- The Pearse Lyons Accelerator and the Market for Ag-Tech: Alltech began The Pearse Lyons Accelerator in 2016, selecting 10 startups from 184 applicants to participate in a 12-week “business boot camp.” Discover the advantages of an accelerator program.
- Pitchfest: The Pearse Lyons Accelerator is highlighting innovation in the agriculture industry by bringing together the best food and agriculture ventures from around the world. What does this disruption mean for the future of agriculture, and how can you be a part of it?
- Who’s Who in the Zoo? Raising Money for Your Ag-Tech Startup: Where are investors putting their money? Learn about the trends in ag-tech, agri-investments and developing technologies.
- Kentucky is for Startups! Why Kentucky is the Right Place for Entrepreneurs and Startups: What does the economic landscape of agriculture look like?
For more information on the ONE17 business focus sessions, visit the session pages:
Register before May 1 to save $200 on your passport to innovative ideas at ONE17.
Join the conversation on Twitter with #ONE17.