Optigen® is Alltech's non-protein nitrogen (NPN) source for ruminants. It concentrates the nitrogen fraction of the diet, creating dry matter space for more fiber and energy. After being launched only a few years ago, Optigen has become a solution to feed and environmental problems.
Reformulations with Optigen can be used to provide:
- Available nitrogen for fiber-digesting bacteria over time
- Fermentable carbohydrate for sustaining higher milk yields
- Microbial protein synthesis as a result of more efficient ruminal function
- Effective fiber for sustaining a healthy rumen
- Control over dietary heat increment in the summer
Is a technology that enables you to reformulate more rumen-friendly diets, which result in:
- Microbial proteins
- Fiber digestion
- Efficiency of rumen nitrogen capture
This technology helps to provide sustained availability of ammonia in the rumen environment ensuring that the rumen bacteria have continued access to this essential food source.
Works to create an environment for:
- Optimizing ruminal nitrogen metabolism
- Nutrient synchronization
- Microbial efficiency
- Is a superior non-protein nitrogen source for ruminant nutrition.
- Is a source of non-protein nitrogen.
- Is a novel ingredient that can help nutritionists make improvements in ruminant diets.
- The quality control system behind Optigen provides a consistent product from batch to batch and traceability from start to finish.
- Supports microbial synthesis resulting in the support of rumen health and fermentation.
- Allows the opportunity to formulate cheaper feed ingredients and lower the cost of rations.
- Sustained release of non-protein nitrogen.
- Similar nitrogen release rate to that of soybean meal.
- Unique ingredient for ruminants.
- Works to create an environment for optimizing ruminal nitrogen metabolism, nutrient synchronization and microbial efficiency.
Is designed to provide a safe, concentrated source of ruminally degradable protein activity of ruminal bacteria populations.