Regional Sales Manager - Southern England
Established in 1978, KEENAN, now a member of the Alltech group of companies, is a respected leader in ethical and profitable farming solutions, focused on maximising feed efficiency. Over the course of four decades in business, KEENAN has earned a particularly strong reputation for manufacturing quality diet feeders that deliver the highly regarded MechFiber mix that has been proven to maximise feed efficiency and ensure optimum rumen health.
Every change our customers make on their farms needs to pay back. A change to the KEENAN diet feeding system empowers our customers to make the best decisions with proven performance in ration consistency, improved health and yield.
The successful candidate will work with our customers to help them optimise the performance of their herd and put them in control of the changes that can impact on the success of their farm and help them reach new standards.
As farming continues to change, we will continue to help our customers meet these changes head on.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and professional Regional Business Manager, who can support our existing and new customers with their purchase decision and after-sales requirements. Proficient in selling to progressive, technology-driven farmers, the successful candidate will join our exciting team and become an advocate for the KEENAN brand.
This is a rewarding and lucrative role that can offer flexibility and autonomy as well as the opportunity to work for a business with long-term strategic goals and progression opportunities.
- Deliver a first-class customer service to maximise the customer journey
- Contribute to a productive and achievement-oriented team environment
- Adapt quickly to changes in business needs, creating short-term and long-term solutions and strategies to sell
- Produce monthly and quarterly plans to deliver revenue targets for new and approved-used machine sales
- Continually review and improve performance through analysis of performance and risks
- Follow correct processes and procedures to ensure machine specifications meet the exact needs of the customer
- Make use of CRM tools for tracking activity, pipeline and revenue metrics
- Build meaningful relationships with accredited service centres/dealers to ensure delivery of key brand values and promises, to maximise after-sales and service opportunities
- Engage with commercial, marketing and after-sales teams to ensure operational plans are in place to deliver key strategic initiatives
- Support colleagues with regional and national events, business improvement and innovation projects
- Proven sales record and demonstrable business development experience in the agricultural or other comparable sector
- Experience in cultivating and curating meaningful relationships with a range of stakeholders
- An understanding of livestock production systems, an interest in technology and innovation within the sector and an awareness of the issues affecting the UK agriculture sector would be advantageous, especially when communicating our value proposition to prospects and customers
- Strong business acumen and some familiarity in the application of commercial finance solutions
- Experience in effectively managing the sales cycle across target accounts, opportunity identification, qualification, negotiation and closing
- A self-starter who is motivated and driven by success and has an ability to consistently meet targets by identifying, qualifying, and closing new business, to execute on the business’s long-term goals
- A confident communicator with strong presentation and forecasting skills
- Task-driven focus with solid organisational skills
- An ability to work under pressure, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Proficient in the use of CRM systems, Microsoft Office 365 and other collaboration platforms (SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams)
- Full UK driving licence
This is a field-based role and as such, will require extensive travel within the territory and some nights away from home.
In addition to the resources and tools that are necessary for undertaking the role, on offer to the successful candidate will be a package including:
- Competitive basic salary, reflecting the skills and experience of the post holder plus commission
- Company car
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance programme
For further information, an informal discussion, or to apply for this role, please email:
KEENAN UK Sales Development Manager
Applications for this role should be made via email. Please attach your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and experience.
KEENAN is an equal opportunities employer.