Production Team Lead
We are recruiting a team leader to ensure smooth and efficient operation, communicate company goals, safety practices and targets to the team. They will also continually develop and make improvements in their area and achieve essential production and quality targets.
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team performance objectives in line with KPI’s expected by the company. Current Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of Scorecard are Accidents/Quality/Production Targets/Absenteeism/Housekeeping/Suggestions.
- Identifies areas for training to improve performance and maintaining Skills Matrix.
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and necessary expectations.
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines.
- Ensures that team wears the proper PPE, follow start times & finish times.
- Ensures that RFT procedures are followed, that quality standards are communicated, work instructions, drawings and specifications are appropriate and available.
- Ensures that all corrective actions identified in internal audits are completed on time.
- Liaises with the other team leaders to ensure that the quality of material supplied to their team and from their team meets the required standards. Addresses any quality issues that result from this communication.
- Assists team representatives in their roles i.e. Right First Time, Kan Ban, Housekeeping, Health & Safety ensuring that they achieve the necessary standards laid down.
- Time will be allocated to each team leader to ensure that their respective area is managed appropriately.
- The successful candidate will have to learn and become fully skilled in the operation of the Main Jig.
- Previous welding/fabricating experience in a production manufacturing environment.
- Experience with reading drawings/ weld procedures.
- Good management skills, i.e. communication, planning, motivation, problem solving etc.
- Quantity and quality of work to be of a high standard, free of defects and with great attention to detail.
- Ensure that all health and safety rules are adhered to at all times.
- Ability to work on own initiative/ be flexible.