Alltech India Art Contest – 2022
India 2050 — Now vs. the future: Nurturing nature for a better future
India is an emerging and developing country with one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. It has the sixth-largest GDP globally and the third-largest in Asia. However, despite an expected average annual economic growth of 7.4% (2022-2023), India faces significant challenges, including the immense of natural resources, which has prompted the country to make great efforts to build a green and decarbonized economy (Source: IMF).
According to the 2020 Environmental Performance Index, India ranked 169th in waste management, air quality, biodiversity and habitat, ecosystem services, and climate change, showing how it is lagging behind in green growth (Source: EPI).
As Paul Polman said, "We cannot choose between growth and sustainability — we must have both."
When envisioning India in 2050 as a green economy, several initiatives, such as the promotion of electric vehicles, hydrogen energy emissions, the Deep Ocean mission, the Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0, and consumer desire for greener products must be taken onboard by the government.
These kinds of actions can decrease the negative effects of climate change and advance sustainable development by nurturing our long-term future. Technological interventions that drive our sustainability goals, like artificial intelligence, smart cities, blockchain and the Internet of Things, also need to be prioritised.
India must prioritise investment in sectors that highlight green initiatives and design everything to be energy-efficient, carbon-neutral and environmentally friendly.
This year, the Alltech India Art Contest asks children to imagine how the nation will look in 2050. So, let your creativity run free and imagine a future India through boundless ideas.
Contest Entry Details
- The contest is open from September 16 to October 19, 2022.
- The contest is open to students aged between 5–16 years.
- Competition is open for children in India.
Online Painting Submission - Rules and Terms & Conditions
Online painting submission rules:
- The artwork must be on drawing paper of A4 size (A4 size is 210 × 297 mm or 21 x 29.7 cm or 8.27 × 11.69 inches).
- Acceptable art mediums include crayon, watercolours, oil paints, acrylic paints, coloured posters, coloured pencils or pastels.
- The theme "India 2050: Now vs. the future: Nurturing nature for a better future" should be the main focus of the artwork.
- Entries should be submitted online. Entrants will upload a scanned image of their artwork on the form included on this website, filling all the relevant details requested on the page. Please do not send your original artwork to us, unless we ask for it.
- Artwork must be unsigned by the artist
Terms and conditions
- Only one piece of artwork is accepted per participant.
- The artwork should be an individual effort of a child, whereas parents/teachers are allowed only to direct and inspire.
- Copied or plagiarised entries will be disqualified.
- Alltech is not responsible for the loss or damage of the artwork during submission.
- All of the artworks requested to submit for the competition shall become the property of Alltech and will not be returned.
- The results of the contest will be announced on October 21, 2022. The list of winners will be published on the Alltech website, social media and communicated through mail.
- The decision of the Alltech Art Contest judges is final.
- Participation in the Alltech Art Contest implies acceptance of all the terms and conditions.
Winners are selected through two different methods:
- Panel of judges
- Facebook contest
- Shortlisted entries will be uploaded on the Alltech Facebook page, and winners will be selected by age based on the highest interactions (likes) received.
Number of winners:
- A total of 24 winners will be selected from India
- $100 and a certificate for winners selected by judges
- $50 and a certificate for winners selected by Facebook contest
All of the winners must send their original artwork to the Alltech office on request.. There should be no differences between the original artwork and the scan copy submitted
The winners’ artwork will be published in the 2023 Alltech calendar.
For more information, please contact your local Alltech sales manager or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org