Since its start, the Alltech Young Scientist program has welcomed the participation of more than 60,000 students from over 70 countries and has awarded $1 million in prizes.
The competition challenges the world’s brightest students to apply their scientific strengths to the key issues facing the agri-food industry.
The competition will be open soon! Undergraduate and graduate students (at both the master’s and Ph.D. levels) are welcome to participate. Take the first step by expressing your interest. Please fill out this brief form:
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students (in master’s and Ph.D. programs)
*All students must currently be enrolled at a university or college and in the process of working toward completing a degree.
2021 – 2022 Timeline*
Paper and video submission deadline
11:59 p.m. ET, November 30, 2021
Country victors announced
Regional victors announced
*Timeline is subject to change at Alltech’s discretion without notice. Any changes will be noted above and communicated directly to participants who complete the form for Phase 1.
The competition guidelines, prizes and other details will be communicated soon. Meanwhile, here is a preview of what to expect in each phase:
Phase 1. Communicate your interest in participating by completing the short form below.
Phase 2. Submit your paper and video by the deadline noted above.
Phase 3. Local and regional finals.
- Judges will evaluate all entries and determine a victor for each participating country.
- These local victors will advance to the regional evaluations. Alltech identifies four regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Europe/Middle East/Africa
Phase 4. World finals!
- The victor of each region becomes a finalist for the world competition.
- Each finalist will be invited to travel to Kentucky for the final phase of competition, which includes attendance to the Alltech ONE Ideas Conference, mentoring and presentation coaching sessions and much more! The global winners will be announced at the conference.
Sign-up to participate!