Alltech Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company specializing in feed additives for animal health. We are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Coordinator with a minimum of 2 years of experience for the Alltech Analytical Services Laboratory. The selected candidate will assume technical leadership of an LC/MS/MS based analytical testing program in accordance with the ISO/IEC17025:2017 testing laboratory accreditation.
- BS or higher in Analytical Chemistry or related field. Masters or Ph. D. preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ year experience in analytical chemistry (LC/MS/MS).
- Proficient in separative technology such as High Pressure and Ultra Pressure Liquid Chromatography.
- Proficient in Electro-spray ionization tandem mass spectrometer (ESI-MS/MS) and hyphenated techniques.
- Knowledge of Waters MS/MS instrumentation and MassLynx software preferred.
- Experience performing trace level quantitative analysis by LC/MS/MS.
- Interpretation of Mass Spectra.
- Troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
- Experience in GLP, cGMP or ISO/IEC 17025:2017 testing laboratory operations and ability to maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Laboratory experience imperative.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent documentation skills.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Optimize analytical test methods using Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS). Validate methods for various matrices.
- Perform routine and non-routine instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Recognize deviations from normal results and resolve issues that may affect the integrity of the data. Implement corrective actions.
- Lead and train laboratory staff in all operations of laboratory.
- Organize and conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, work instructions, SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines in accordance to the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 testing laboratory accreditation.
- Document work and maintain laboratory and equipment records.
- Participate in client visits or calls as needed.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to promote quality initiatives.
- Participate in any/all audits.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae and cover letter with statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant must be proficient in Mass spectrometry to apply for this position. All applications that do not meet this requirement will be systematically rejected. Please no phone calls.