Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Lexington Brewing & Distilling is currently seeking a Business Development Manager. The position serves as the main point of contact for our distributors and Area Sales Managers within the Business Unit. The BDM position is responsible for the communication, implementation and execution of annual business objectives at wholesale and retail levels.
- Beverage alcohol experience is required
- Maintains regular call frequency with wholesalers
- Develops local market plans to meet sales objectives
- Provides direction and support to assigned direct reports and distributors, managing retail execution plans and activities for assigned markets
- Ensures wholesalers maintain adequate product inventory levels and demonstrates proper inventory rotation
- Conduct quarterly reviews against the annual business plan, to include: distribution progress, YTD sales volume, pricing benchmarks and price surveys, execution opportunities, competitive activity, top retailer/chain volume trends and budget spending
- Focus on improving execution of LBD in top volume independent and chain retail accounts
- Identifies and develops programs for underperforming packages.
- Helps develop annual distribution targets by brand/by package for all wholesalers
- Creates account target list by wholesaler for key packages in order to improve distribution and generate new business
- Manages and supervises the allocation of all point-of-sale materials with assigned distributors.
- Identifies and ensures distributor support material is adequately maintained on a monthly basis.
- Responsibly manages annual travel and expense budget in compliance with Lexington Brewing & Distilling guidelines
- Conduct regular market price surveys with each distributor or specified chain/channel of trade
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; good listening skills; and strong group presentation skills
- Understanding of, and ability to perform basic trade math as a part of doing business in a “fact based” selling culture
- Ability to prioritize and plans work activities; attentive to details; effective time management; sets goals and objectives
- Follows instructions, responds appropriately to management direction; self-starter
- Displays creativity and original thinking
- Valid driver’s license required with excellent driving record
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work both traditional business hours as well as non-traditional business hours including, at times, nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must be available for overnight travel for crew drives, meetings, training and occasional weekend events or distributor/retailer entertainment
- Must have solid computer knowledge and skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point as well as specific Applications such as VIP, Armadillo, and Apple apps
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 35 pounds
- May be asked to perform additional duties and responsibilities as requested, directed or assigned by manager
Bachelor’s Degree and/or minimum of 5 years equivalent job experience are necessary.
Alltech/Lexington Brewing & Distilling offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.