Alltech Takes Home Top Marketing Awards for Beer, Bourbon and Agricultural Campaigns
[LEXINGTON, Ky.] – Move over, Mad Men. Alltech’s in-house marketing team is giving top web, graphics and video marketers a run for their money, garnering 14 ADDY® Awards from the American Advertising Federation of Lexington and three national design awards for beer carrier and tap handle designs from the Chicago-based Beverage Tasting Institute.
Three of Alltech’s 14 ADDY® awards were gold, and will advance to regional and national competition levels. The annual ADDY® Awards are the world’s largest and most representative awards competition for creative excellence, and are judged by creative directors from top firms across the country based on creativity, originality and creative strategy.
With more than 400 entries in this year’s local competition from some of the area’s top businesses, Alltech stood out in brewing and distilling, winning gold with its fresh, hop-inspired imagery and “Cantucky” tagline for its Kentucky IPA™ 6-Pack bottles and 4-Pack cans campaign. Gold awards also went to the seasonal Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale 4-Pack bottles ad, as well as The Bourbon Barrel video, a spirits connoisseur’s inside peek into the world of handcrafted bourbon-barrel making, featuring Louisville, Ky. barrel-builder, Kelvin Cooperage.
In addition to recognition by the American Advertising Federation, Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company’s seasonal Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale 4-Pack Carrier earned the title of “Overall Best Carrier” in the 2013 World Beer Championships Packaging Competition for its pumpkin patch and vine imagery, beating out other major craft breweries including The Boston Beer Company and the Samuel Adams® line of beers. Alltech also took home a bronze medal for its Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout™ carrier, as well as a bronze medal for its Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale tap handle.
“As a team, we are honored to receive these prestigious salutes in marketing,” said Catherine Keogh, chief marketing officer at Alltech. “Our creative team’s passionate commitment to our brands always shines through, whether it’s through our cinematography or a digital advertising campaign.”
Other notable silver and bronze ADDY® Award recognitions include:
- Sales Kit or Product Information Sheets – Alltech Crop Science On-Farm Marketing Toolkit
- Four-color Collateral – University of Kentucky Research Alliance Annual Report
- Four-color Collateral –Alltech Symposium 2013: GLIMPSE
- Digital Advertising: Branded Content, more than 60 seconds – Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale – The Journey
- Cinematography - Norway – Salmon Farming and Feeding the World
- 1 Collateral Campaign – Kentucky Gathering: Hop In
- 2 Four-color Consumer or trade color publication – Make Every Occasion Special
- Digital Advertising Campaign – Norman’s Winter Training
- Digital Advertising Campaign – Norman Photo Contest
- Elements of Advertising: Illustration, Single – Citrus Phenological Diagram
- Super-Sized Out-of-Home – Make It A Double
Download the American Advertising Federation of Lexington’s 2014 ADDY Award Winners Book here.