Alltech to Host Forum for Global Dairy Leaders
[Lexington, KENTUCKY] - In what has quickly emerged as a premier forum for global dairy leaders, the Global Dairy 500 Conference will be held in Lexington, Kentucky, October 4-7.? Building on the success of its inaugural program which saw more than 300 people from approximately 30 countries in attendance, the Global Dairy 500 is designed to identify future trends while meeting short term expectations.? The program's agenda is targeted towards the progressive dairymen interested in growing their business through progressive technology.
In announcing the event, Alltech president, Dr. Pearse Lyons, said he was pleasantly surprised at how well the first meeting was received.? "Rarely have I seen so many participants in a meeting so anxious for information, so keen to exchange ideas, and so full of enthusiasm," he said.? "It was without a doubt the most successful meeting our company has ever run and it encouraged us to improve upon it for this year."?
This year's program, "The future of milk - driving sustainability in a changing world" promises to be even more relevant.? Participants from around the world are invited to a global forum where dairy is the only topic and dairy farmers are the main drivers.? Countries with heavy dairy influence, such as New Zealand,?China, South Africa, and Ireland will all be represented.? Topics include:
- Seeing the priorities in your feed - What feed choices should you make in a downturned economy?
- Mike Hutjens, University of Illinois, United States
- Shaping the future of dairy:? Trends and Technologies?
- Jay Johnston, Ritchie Feed and Seed, Canada
- Intestinal Health:? The future of dairy production
- Juan Tricarico, Alltech, United States
- Selecting, managing, and motivating employees?
- Declan Coyle, Andec Communications, Ireland
In addition to selected lectures, roundtable discussions will be held on the following topics:
- Milk marketing and its effect on price direction and trends
- Richard Sparrow, Dairy Farmers of America
- Ken Bailey, Penn State University
- Five things I would do differently in dairy today
- Bill Prokop, Independent Consultant, United States
- Simon Timmermans, Timmermans Consulting, United States
This meeting will be held October 4 -7, 2009 in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.? For more information, or to register, visit www.alltech.com/events/2011/oct/alltech-global-500.?
Alltech is the proud sponsor of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2010(TM) to be held in Lexington, Kentucky from September 25 to October 10, 2010.