Alltech and O.H. Kruse Introduce First Green Feed for Equine in the U.S.
[Lexington, KY] - Alltech and California-based O.H. Kruse launched the first Green Feed for horses at the Western States Horse Expo this weekend in Sacramento, Calif. This new product has been developed through a partnership between Alltech, the first-ever title sponsor of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2010(TM), and O.H. Kruse, one of Alltech's Official Animal Health and Nutrition Partners for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
From its bag to its formulation, Green Feed was designed to enable horses to perform at their peak naturally and with less impact on the land they call home:
- The bag is made of recyclable materials and is printed with soy-based ink. One horse at a 5 lb/day diet of feed will use an average of 37 bags per year. A recyclable bag printed with a vegetable-based ink lessens environmental harm.
- Green Feed includes a variety of proven, natural technologies to ensure digestive health, boost immune function, and provide optimal mineral balances.
- The formula includes just the right amount of supplements to decrease the nutrient content wasted into the manure and thereby reduce the risk of ground water contamination.
- It was also formulated keeping the local availability of ingredients in mind so the carbon footprint and energy waste of transportation is minimized.
- Grain products are kept to a minimum in the Green Feed to avoid affecting the supply for a hungry world.
"With this Green Feed, you can be confident that you are feeding your horse the very best nutrients while also showing your commitment to preserving nature's greatest resources for future generations, both people and animals," said Dr. Pearse Lyons, president and founder of Alltech.
O.H. Kruse represents the first of a select group of companies worldwide who have partnered with Alltech to make Green Feed available to equine enthusiasts. As the catalyst for this responsible project and its development, O.H. Kruse will be the exclusive distributor of the product on the West Coast of the United States. For more information on Green Feed, visit www.ohkruse.com or call (800)729-5787.
Alltech is the proud sponsor of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2010(TM) to be held in Kentucky, USA, from September 25 - October 10, 2010, and the Alltech European Championships in Windsor, United Kingdom, from August 25 - 30, 2009. For more information, visit www.alltech.com and www.alltechfeigames.com.