Steps to Follow for Submitting an Eligible Paper
Step 1: Select a topic for your paper
There is a list of past submissions on the website at www.alltechyoungscientist.com to help guide your topic selection. If you are unclear if your proposed topic is suitable simply email us at email@example.com and we will give you guidance as to suitability for the competition.
Step 2: Download the template from the website
The template is available on the website. You must submit on the template or your paper is not eligible.
Step 3: Fill out the first page of the submission template
It is important to include home mailing addresses and an alternate email address if you have a university email so we can contact you if it is outside the school year when the competition needs to notify you regarding a winning submission.
Step 4: Clearly indicate if you are a Graduate student or Undergraduate student
- Undergraduates are defined as those students currently enrolled in a university, bachelor degree program or a college program. You are not yet working on the advanced degree of Master, Doctor of Engineering or PhD.
- Graduates are defined as students currently enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral program. This means enrollment at a University in an advanced study program from which you will graduate with a Master Degree or a PhD degree.
Please Note: Post-doctoral students are not eligible. You must be enrolled in the relevant program on the day you upload your paper. If you are unsure about which category you fit in, please email us with your school registration details.
Step 5: Paste your research into the template
- From your word document please cut and paste your paper into the template under the categories of abstract, introduction, etc.
- Figures should be saved as small low resolution files before pasting into the paper to mae sure that the final paper is not too large to upload.
- Please make sure if your submission is not in English that you have used Google translate (http://translate.google.com) to insert the title, abstract and your name in English characters into the template in the appropriate places.
- Also submit the same information in your native language in which the paper is written.
- Submit the paper as a word document (not as a pdf file).
Step 6: Complete the check list
There is a check list on the last page of the template. Please complete before submitting your paper to avoid errors that might disqualify your paper.
Step 7: Upload your paper to the website
We will acknowledge receipt of your paper manually. This may take a few days at times but you should get a personal email acknowledging that we have received your paper, opened it, and it is ready for the competition.If you have any problems uploading the paper email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. It is very important when you upload to make sure you are using English characters on the name of the file and on the registration page. There can be problems with the website depending on your native language.
You are only allowed to submit one paper. If you update the paper and upload a new version, this will replace what was on the website previously. The system only allows one paper to be accepted per email address so do not upload a paper for anyone else using your email address.