Alltech is an international animal health company headquartered in Nicholasville, Kentucky. Started in 1980, Alltech now employs over 2,800 people and we have a presence in 128 countries. Alltech is the only non-pharmaceutical company to be ranked among the top 10 animal health companies worldwide. Our global presence joined with our commitment to innovation and visionary thinking, fuels the dynamic work environment at Alltech and the spirit of every employee.
Alltech is currently looking for a Territory Feed Consultant in the Wisconsin area. This position requires primary contact with US Feeds Dealers and Producers in the feed industry throughout the Midwest. Responsible for account management for current and new dealers along with conducting essential demand creation activities with dealers. Manages a defined geography with the core activities to sell and promote feed, animal health, and feed related products to US Feeds dealers along with managing other customer business related activities, i.e. credit, producer promotions, etc.
- Account Management:
- Manages all current dealers in the defined geography to both maintain and grow feed and feed related sales to the maximum potential including providing tools & tactics to help current owners grow market share.
- Identifies and prospects “new business” to increase the overall market share for US Feeds, LLC.
- Develops agreed upon business plans with/for key accounts that define a vision and an action plan for direction on an annual basis.
- Conducts ration balancing and analytical spreadsheet analysis that provides dealers with the tools to best compete in today’s market place.
- Creates an open and regular line of communication with the US Feeds management team on key activities and trends with dealers and identifies key areas of focus that the management team can assist dealer growth.
- Demand Creation:
- Dealer Training – identifies the needs, by dealer (technical product & business skills), of training and conduct need sessions to increase capabilities in the market place. Training can be in both group sessions and individual meetings based on the needs and situation.
- Local Promotions & Programs – with each key dealer, identifies the promotion concepts needed and the tools and resources to conduct these types of activities to help each dealer increase market share and profit. Activities could be promotions, programs, direct mailing activities, on-site dealer events, etc.
- Producer Activities – in coordination with sales teams of US Feeds dealer, be willing and prepared to make on farm sales calls along with conducting key producers meetings to help generate demand at the farm gate for US Feeds feed and feed related products.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Solid background and knowledge of the agricultural industry, particularly the livestock, feed, and animal health market.
- Proven track record in sales & account management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive and manage company owned vehicle and travel at least 60% of the time.
- Must be able to work long hours to accommodate meetings, tradeshows, ect.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, company/product promotional materials and articles.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math as they pertain to animal nutrition & management and present numerical data effectively.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- Must have strong computer skills to utilize spreadsheets, create documents, and utilizing databases.
- Current driver’s license and driving record must meet company/insurance guidelines.
- Must occasionally be able to lift 25-100 pounds.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Please submit resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls please.