We are at present seeking a highly motivated Senior Synthetic Chemist with a minimum of 5 years of experience to support routine research and development efforts at Alltech in Nicholasville, KY, USA and the needs in synthetic small molecules and in polymer science.
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- Setting-up realistic goals and providing reasonable deadlines.
- Applying complex multi-stage synthetic reactions including chirality and isotopic purity to small molecule synthesis (i.e. applied to selenoorganic compounds).
- Designing and generating simple and complex synthesis scheme applied to polymer chemistry.
- Use of separative technology for molecule purification such as crystallization, sublimation, distillation and liquid chromatography.
- Use of 1H and 13C NMR, TLC, FT-IR for molecular identity confirmation
- Interpretation of NMR, UV, IR, and MS confirmatory spectra.
- Scale-up procedures form synthetic pathways to large scale equipment selection, temperature control and process safety.
- Maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards. Accepts other duties as assigned.
- PhD in synthetic chemistry with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient with general synthetic chemistry and methodology.
- Proficient with organic reactions mechanisms and energetics.
- Knowledge and experience with the synthesis of selenoorganic compounds will be considered as a plus.
- Practical knowledge of separation methods and identity confirmation (1D/2D-NMR).
- Experience with polymer chemistry.
- Practical knowledge of sources of synthetic literature including synthetic procedures.
- Ability to scale-up developed procedures.
- Ability to independently diagnose and solve complex technical and scientific problems.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively interface with other members of the group and to interact with direct supervisor.
- Ability to write chemical part of patents, scientific articles.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. No phone calls please.