Alltech is a global leader in the animal and health nutrition industry and among the top ten animal and health companies in the world, focused on natural scientific solutions to today’s biggest agriculture and food industry challenges. Alltech is at a turning point in the history of agriculture as it has created unprecedented opportunities for itself and for the industry. Alltech is headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky. Join us as we make history!
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Alltech safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Product classification according to appropriate GHS regulations.
- SDS storage as well maintaining the archives.
- Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits and updates determined by changing regulations.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Oversee incident investigation process.
- Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
- First Aid/CPR Responders/ ERT
- Ability to work and be flexible and available for on call hours before and/or after normal business hours in addition to off-shift hours as required
- BS degree in safety/environmental science/ Chemistry background or related technical discipline.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be well organized to handle numerous tasks and be able to work with a variety of people with varying backgrounds and job functions.
- Must demonstrate computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not essential.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Please email resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.