Alltech is a global leader in the animal and health nutrition industry and among the top ten animal and health companies in the world, focused on natural scientific solutions to today’s biggest agriculture and food industry challenges. Alltech is at a turning point in the history of agriculture as it has created unprecedented opportunities for itself and for the industry. Alltech is headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky. Join us as we make history!
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary research environment
- Setting-up realistic goals and providing reasonable deadlines
- Applying extraction procedure to the quantification of contaminants, small molecules of specific interest and metabolites; antioxidant biomarkers; bioactive ingredients
- Applying complex multi-stage extraction procedure for the concentration and purification of compounds of interest from feed/food matrices and from biological fluids and microorganisms
- Use of separative technology such as High Pressure and Ultra Pressure Liquid Chromatography; Use of SPE, AE, RP, HILIC, SEC separation technology; use of in-gel/off-gel separative techniques
- Use of Electro-spray ionization tandem mass spectrometer (ESI-MS/MS) and hyphenated techniques
- Designing and generating experimental plans for the optimization, validation and verification of analytical methods. Good knowledge of ISO standards
- Use of preparative chromatography for purification of large quantities of compounds
- Interpretation of Mass Spectra
- Troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
- Maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- BS or higher in Analytical Chemistry or related field. Masters preferred
- Proficient in separative technology such as High Pressure and Ultra Pressure Liquid Chromatography; Familiar with SPE, RP separation technology
- Proficient in Electro-spray ionization tandem mass spectrometer (ESI-MS/MS) and hyphenated techniques
- Knowledge in ESI, APCI, API, MALDI, mass spectrometry techniques
- Knowledge in ICP-MS
- Knowledge on quantification techniques
- Laboratory experience imperative
- Ability to independently diagnose and troubleshoot instrumental issues
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively interface with other members of the group and to interact with direct supervisors
- Ability to write technical documents, scientific reports
Salary will be commensurate with past performance and experience.
Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae and cover letter with statement of interest to email@example.com. Applicant must be proficient in Mass spectrometry to apply for this position. All applications that do not meet this requirement will be systematically rejected. Please no phone calls.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.